[Bf-committers] Add-ons in Blender 3

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Nov 12 13:43:30 CET 2021

Hi add-on module devs,

I was reminded to our policy update (half a year ago); to not bundle
add-ons in a release that connect to commercial software or services
outside of blender.org. Or in general; for add-ons we will require the
same functionality and quality as for contributed C/C++ code.

The guidelies for addons still make no mention of it.
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Addons

Would be nice to see this quickly handled.

Thanks,

-Ton-