[Bf-committers] Add-ons in Blender 3

Thomas Dinges thomas at blender.org
Mon Nov 15 14:56:03 CET 2021

Hi,

I added a note about commercial add-ons now, to reflect the policy update.

"You also must be aware that your add-on cannot be accepted if it
connects to commercial software or services outside of blender.org." -
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Addons

@Add-On developers: Please be aware of this change and update / remove
your bundled add-on if the rule applies to you. If you are uncertain,
feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thomas

Am 12.11.2021 um 13:43 schrieb Ton Roosendaal via Bf-committers:
> Hi add-on module devs,
>
> I was reminded to our policy update (half a year ago); to not bundle
> add-ons in a release that connect to commercial software or services
> outside of blender.org. Or in general; for add-ons we will require the
> same functionality and quality as for contributed C/C++ code.
>
> The guidelies for addons still make no mention of it.
> https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Addons
>
> Would be nice to see this quickly handled.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ton-

Thomas Dinges  -  thomas at blender.org   -  www.blender.org
Developer Community Coordinator at Blender
Buikslotermeerplein 161 - 1025 ET Amsterdam - The Netherlands