[Bf-committers] Nightly builds on Steam and Snap stores

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:38:54 CEST 2021

If renaming would break things for users that have already switched to
these channels, then I guess it's not worth changing the name.

For the docs, probably most discoverable would be to have a new page in the
menu on builder.blender.org for Steam and Snap? Seems like the easiest way
for users to find out about this, they will not be browsing the wiki.
Prettiest would be to embed the information there directly, simpler would
be to link to the wiki page.

Most of the "Downloading From Buildbot" section I would leave out. I don't
think we have to document things that should be obvious from looking at the
web page.