[Bf-committers] 2.92 release may be delayed

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Tue Feb 23 12:21:47 CET 2021

Hi,
There are still showstoppers preventing 2.92 release. The pending steps are:

* Patches to be finalized + committed (D10507,  D10443).
* Buildbot kicked to deliver a new public release candidate build.
* The original reporters to confirm the issues are gone.

Once this is out of the way we can make a final call on when to release
2.92. Usually a full day should happen between the fix lands and we call it
release-ready.

That means the release will likely happen on Thursday instead of Wednesday.
Ultimately it will depend on when we get the final commit, how complex it
is, and how confident the team is on the tests.

-Dalai-