[Bf-committers] Are there any small patches I could try out?

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Thu Apr 1 11:05:46 CEST 2021

Hi Ashely,
Welcome.

A good way to get started is to go over bug reports that involve crash and
try to bisect the issue to the faulty commit. You can also to share a full
backtrace of the crash to help further investigation, like this:
https://developer.blender.org/T80104#1002511

Also keep in mind that there are plenty of bugs that may be a good
candidate but have not been tagged as "Good First Issue" simply because no
one started to investigate them.

To find janitor work it may be easier to join the development channel
#blender-coders on https://blender.chat and see if any module has already
something ready for that.

-Dalai-
Dalai Felinto - dalai at blender.org - www.blender.org
Blender Development Coordinator
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands