[Bf-committers] Should we change the splash image when theversion number changes?

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Tue Oct 15 19:33:46 CEST 2019

On 10/11/2019 5:42 PM, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> We should *definitely* keep the new splash reveal at the very end, both for the
> excitement and the ritual.
>
> For a development splash, let's just take the last release splash and overlay
> it with some yellow police tape and Under Construction signs.

I was thinking of something similar.. it would be the previous splash
with an "under construction" overlay (e.g. scaffolding, paint cans,
tools, etc), but have small portion(s) of it masked out with the new
splash peeking through. So it keeps its context (i.e. it is specific to
between those releases), but isn't a full spoiler (more of an enticing
preview).

And, of course, the construction overlay itself could be updated and
evolve over time.

-Chad