[Bf-committers] Should we change the splash image when theversion number changes?

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 12:20:40 CEST 2019

Hi,

The way i see the splash screen is something what identifies the release.
We shouldn't have two releases or versions with the same splash, and we
shouldn't change splash somewhere at the middle or end of a release cycle
since that kind of looses the identity of that release.
So from this point of view i am all up for changing splash screen in master
right after stable branch was done.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:52 AM Sybren A. Stüvel <sybren at stuvel.eu> wrote:

> On 12-10-19 02:42, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> > For a development splash, let's just take the last release splash and
> overlay
> > it with some yellow police tape and Under Construction signs.
>
> I think a possible downside of having the daily builds marked too much
> as "different" could be that it scares people of. If we want to make it
> tempting to use daily builds (which helps us find & fix bugs sooner in
> the release cycle) we should make it as non-scary as possible.
>
> --
> Sybren A. Stüvel
>
> https://stuvelfoto.nl/
> https://stuvel.eu/