[Bf-committers] Committing fixes for releases in stabilizing branch.

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 10:24:09 CEST 2019

On Mon, 2019-10-14 at 11:15 +0300, Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 07:37, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > What kind of backfire are you talking about?
> >
> > A fix that needs to be removed from the stable branch
> > (typically because it causes unforeseen problems).
>
> Naturally the goal is to have fixes that actual fix something. A fix
> that causes
> problems isn't really a proper fix. Reverting sounds like a good
> approach there, then
> apply a proper fix. But we'll have to deal with such things on a case
> by case basis.
>
> /Nathan

Some fixed change behavior, were it's disputable weather we would want
such changes in a release - its not just a question of fix/broken
state.

Again, there is still no justification for this change.
Who wanted this? Why?

Currently the branch fails to merge into master.
Who is responsible for tracking down & poking people to merge their
work?