[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2019.11.25
dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 03:08:49 CET 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is
Monday, 2 December 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on
For the complete report read it on:
Announcements / Blender 2.81
* Blender 2.81 was released .
* Steam and Snap builds are fine, Microsoft store build is yet to come.
* We may do a 2.81a release due to a Mac issue (T71147). If we do we may
wait some extra days to see if any other pressing issue is found.
* Dalai Felinto will email the module owners for a meeting on Thursday to
check on everyone's roadmap.
* The goal is to be sure we are not setting ourselves to more than we can
* The plan is to stick to the original 2.82 release dates (we stretched
bcon1 a bit, but we end bcon2 when originally planned). 
* The Blender 2.83 milestone was created in developer.blender.org .
* Proposed dates are:
- bcon1: January 9
- bcon2: March 12
- bcon 3: April 9
- bcon4: May 7
- bcon5: May 14
* Blender 2.81a (if we do it) should be out before 2.83 bcon1 to prevent 3
active branches at the same time.
* Antonio Vazquez submitted a massive grease pencil patch (D6293) that
includes a new vertex pain mode, sculpt and weight paint real brushes and
many other changes.
* There is an ongoing VFX Reference Platform discussion. Studios are
welcome to present their perspective there .
* Antonio Vazquez wants more people to give feedback on the Palette
management proposal (T71705). This affects Grease Pencil but also any other
 - https://www.blender.org/download/releases/2-81/
 - https://developer.blender.org/project/view/89/
 - https://developer.blender.org/project/view/105/
 - https://developer.blender.org/T68774
More information about the Bf-committers