[Bf-committers] In memoriam: Jean-Luc Peuriere

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Nov 26 17:33:17 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

Today I received the sad news that Blender contributor Jean-Luc passed away:
https://twitter.com/viralata_archi/status/1199314705673859078

Jean-Luc (lukep) was active in the period 2005-2009.

He first helped with docs, releases, and quickly moved to helping with
the code. One of his oldest patches I could find was related to Mesh
code (2005). He quickly moved to become our Mac OSX maintainer,
contributing code to make that platform fully functional for Blender.
His other projects were adding 6dof device support and implement the
first version of a dependency graph.

Jean-Luc was also invited to participate in the Wintercamp workshop, in
March 2009. This was the key workshop where the foundations of Blender
2.5 were defined.

https://archive.blender.org/wiki/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/WinterCamp/

I will remember Jean-Luc for his warm (and French :) personality and for
his friendship - it was a person we relied on. It was with sadness that
he told me he couldn't find time to volunteer anymore - in Sept 2009 he
moved to a new town and new job and life took precedence.

I hope Jean-Luc enjoyed good decade in the 2010s with his friends and
family. I will remember him, and I know many of you here have fond
memories as well.

Thanks Jean-Luc, your work is out there forever.

-Ton-