[Bf-committers] Moving to Python-3.8

Toni Alatalo toni at playsign.net
Wed Nov 6 16:07:25 CET 2019

Native code Python modules, I mean typically C written libs or APIs like
Blender's, used to not be compatible between Python releases.

However, there seems to be a part of the ABI that remains compatible
between releases, since 3.2:

https://docs.python.org/3/c-api/stable.html

I don't know whether and how exactly people may mix native modules in and
out of Blender in Python VFX pipelines.

But just a note that it may be less a problem now than earlier. Or not, I
didn't check how useful the compatible part of the binary interface is.

2 cently, Toni