[Bf-committers] Moving to Python-3.8

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 6 11:31:12 CET 2019

TL;DR Am all for switching to python 3.8 in Blender 2.82.

TBH I would not be too much concerned about that VFX reference thing,
waiting over ten years until a deprecated technology is finally
officially not supported anymore to switch to a new, modern one sounds
like a joke to me, especially in an industry that is always supposed to
be at the tip of progress in techs!

And as Sybren said, py3.8 will support all of py3.7 features, so just
write your code for 3.7 if you really want to stick to that 'industry
standard' thing.

Bastien