[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2019-06-24

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 19:09:58 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is
Monday, 1 July 10:00 CEST / 8:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on
blender.chat.

1) Development

* We have about two more weeks of bug fixing before we do the release candidate.
* The user manual is mostly updated for 2.80 now, with the few
remaining chapters to be done in the coming weeks before the release.
* We plan to update OpenSubdiv to 3.4 before the release still, to fix
some important bugs.
* New committers were added for the add-ons repository: Cédric Brandin
and Shrinivas Kulkarni.
* There is a blog post on the status of the sculpt mode features
branch, and how and when to merge it.
https://code.blender.org/2019/06/sculpt-mode-features-branch-status-report/
* The first evaluations for Summer of Code have to be done this week,
by Friday, June 28th 18:00 UTC.

2) New Features and Changes

The focus continues to be on bug fixing, with about 95 bugs fixed last week.

* Sequencer sidebar panels were reorganized since they were still
unclear. (William Reynish, Peter Fog)
* Deselect all and invert selection now work in the file browser.
(Campbell Barton)
* macOS bundling was updated in preparation for the release, where
there will be a single Blender.app to install, that is code signed and
notarized. (Arto Kitula, Brecht Van Lommel)

3) Weekly Reports

* Bastien: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Mont29/Foundation/2019#Week_301_-_06.2F15_to_06.2F21
* Brecht: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Brecht/Reports/2019#June_17_-_21
* Clément: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Hypersomniac/Foundation/2019#Week_127_:_17th_-_23rd_June