[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2019-1-7
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:28:28 CET 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
14 January 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC.
1) New Features and Changes
The focus continues to be on getting Blender 2.8 stable. Approximately 75
bugs were fixed in the last week.
* Preferences have been redesigned, with a better organization that makes
it much easier to find settings.
* NLA blending of rotation now used proper interpolation of quaternions.
Another step towards making the NLA editor work well in production.
* Viewport: updated default HDRIs. Added city, courtyard and interior,
replaced grass field and night with different images.
* Icon set was updated, particularly editor icons.
* 2D animation template was updated with changes to properties layout,
brush and material settings, and more.
* clang-format is planned to be used for formatting all C/C++ code in
Blender. This will be a disruptive change as all patches and branches will
need (automatable) updates. But in the long run it will save time and
increase code quality.
* Proposal to close many mailing lists that are no longer actively used.
3) Weekly Reports
* Philip: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:PhilippOeser/Foundation/2019
* Sebastian: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zeddb#December_31_-_Jan_4
More information about the Bf-committers