[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2019-02-18
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:46:45 CET 2019
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
25 February 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC.
1) New Features and Changes
The focus continues to be on bug fixing and refining Blender 2.80. About 80
bugs were fixed last week.
* Cycles OpenCL compilation times have been reduced, using multithreaded
compilation. (Jeroen Bakker, Lukas Stockner).
* Cycles animation denoising is now available as a Python operator, taking
one or more rendered frames as input and producing a denoised frame. There
is no user interface for this yet, that comes later. (Lukas Stockner,
Tangent Animation, Brecht Van Lommel).
* Eevee now supports rendering of image sequence and movies. (Brecht Van
* Eevee lights not have units in Watt. (Brecht Van Lommel)
* Wireframe drawing has had some further improvements in terms of quality,
and now also supports wide lines on macOS. (Clément Foucault)
* User interface layout tweaks for various panels. (William Reynish)
* Keymap: new preference for shortcuts to work both with tap and pie menu.
For example Z can be used to both toggle wireframe mode and open the
shading mode pie menu. (Campbell Barton)
* Keymap: Alt+N now flips normals in edit mode. (Campbell Barton)
* Simplify settings now have an option to globally disable high resolution
smoke volume drawing. (Sergey Sharybin)
* More outliner visibility changes were discussed among developers and
3) Weekly Reports
* Jeroen: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Jbakker/reports/2019
* Sebastian: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zeddb#February_11_-_15
More information about the Bf-committers