[Bf-committers] clang-format in master

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Thu Apr 18 17:54:07 CEST 2019

vc 2017 ships with clang-format 6.0.0, 2019 ships with 7.0.0
judging from the 6.0.0 release notes[1] this should have worked?

Also I don't remember ever seeing that error.

We ship 6.0.1 with our libs, what you can try is, go into

Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++->Formatting->General

Near the bottom of that list should be an option to browse
to a custom clang-format, pick the one from the libs folder
(win64_vc14/llvm/bin/clang-format)

does that re-solve the issue for you?

--Ray

[1] https://releases.llvm.org/6.0.0/tools/clang/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#clang-format