[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-10-22

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:52:28 CEST 2018

We do not break compatibility when we can reasonably avoid it.

I don't personally mind removing the old RRT and Film transforms for
example, as Filmic provides a good replacement. But renaming e.g. "sRGB" to
"sRGB Native 2.2" or "Filmic" to "Filmic Log Encoding Base" is in my
opinion not an improvement, and certainly not worth breaking compatibility
over. It also changes American to British spelling for example.

As we have discussed before, I also do not think we should require a look
to be specified for the Filmic view transform to give correct results, the
None look should work too.

None of these things are very difficult to fix, all I'm asking is if you
want to contribute an improved configuration, please do it in a way that
tries to preserve compatibility where reasonable and with an explanation of
why the cases that break compatibility are acceptable.