[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-10-22
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:27:37 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
29 October 18:00 CEST (16:00 UTC).
1) Blender 2.8
* Work continues towards the beta, an update on the current status will be
posted on the code blog and presented at Blender Conference.
* There were many fixes to work around graphics driver bugs. If you had
issues before, try again with the latest builds.
* Drag and drop improvements:
** Open/Link/Append menu when dropping .blend file.
** Various usability improvements to dropping objects in collections.
* Multi objects pose editing is now complete.
* Grease pencil now works together with particles better.
* Shrinkwrap modifier and constraint can now use smooth normals.
* Various icons were updated based on user feedback, more to come.
* Static overrides will be postponed to 2.81, this feature hasn't had
enough testing to be considered ready for general use in time for the beta.
2) Other Projects
* The new development fund is up:
* A long time bug that was randomly corrupting .blend file library links
was finally identified and fixed. It was Ctrl+C (Copy Objects to Buffer)
More information about the Bf-committers