[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-10-22

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:34:52 CEST 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 10:28 AM Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
> 29 October 18:00 CEST (16:00 UTC).
>
> 1) Blender 2.8
>
> * Work continues towards the beta, an update on the current status will be
> posted on the code blog and presented at Blender Conference.

Can we put, even if we miss wide gamut, a full cleanup of the OCIO colour
config on the table?

Right now it is a horrible mess, and I think anyone familiar with it would
agree.

To this end, I've tried to add in the bare minimum for 2018, including
Apple P3 displays, to Filmic over at
https://github.com/sobotka/filmic-blender/tree/AppleP3?files=1

Having a streamlined config reduces complexity for the folks newer to the
subject, and encourages interaction as a result.

With respect,
TJS