[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-10-01
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:06:11 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
8 October 10:00 CEST (8:00 UTC).
* Philipp Oeser (lichtwerk) is back to manage the bug tracker, which we're
very happy about!
* Sergey is on holidays for 3 weeks.
2) Blender 2.8
* Cloth collision was rewritten to improve performance, stability, and
* Grease Pencil gained new parameters for the instance modifier and a new
* The shrinkwrap modifier gained features to control which vertices get
projected and how.
* The 3D viewport got improvements for weight paint drawing, wireframe
toggling, edit curve/surface drawing.
* Pie menus are now used for snap, pivot and proportional editing.
* Addons can now register tabs and panels in the sidebar in the 3D
viewport, instead of the toolbar which is now for tools only.
* A new Python API for material I/O based on shader nodes was added. This
is now used by the OBJ addon.
* Multi-object editing for mesh and UVs is now basically complete.
* The movie clip editor UI was updated to follow the new UI layout
* Templates have been updated, mainly there is a new Sculpting template.
* The new icon set designed by Andrzej Ambroz is almost ready to replacing
the existing icons, mainly needs code support for color theming still.
* Bastien: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Mont29/Foundation/2018
* Jacques: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:JacquesLucke/Reports/2018
More information about the Bf-committers