[Bf-committers] Porting modifiers > 2.8: hook

Christian Hubert christian.hubert at dstribe.com
Mon May 7 19:37:12 CEST 2018

Further investigation about hook modifier.

- Some code in "deformVerts" and " deformVertsEM" seems to be unnecessary
(it aim to obtain a valid mesh with vertex group from the object if the mesh
is null). So I propose to skip this code, as it seems that the ported
"Simple Deform" does not need it.

-  But it seems that hook cannot work without a vertex group today (and in
2.79). But is that expected? There is a " indexar" field in the modifier
data which seems to be never set to any value and which is the cause of
that.
I propose to remove this field (as it as no usage, probably) and hook all
vertices if there is no vertex group set.

Can you confirm as there could be other consideration that I don't know
about it?

Thanks