[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-05-07

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:46:44 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders. Reminder: meetings are on Mondays, next meeting is 14th May
9 UTC (10 CET).

1) Blender 2.79

* Nothing new worth reporting.

Topic for #blendercoders: Blender Developers Channel | BCon1 | Next Meeting
Monday, 14 May 10 CEST (8 UTC) | Compiling Blender? Try this first:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender

2) Blender 2.80

* Task force progress can be followed via graphs now:
 - The provisory site is: http://stats.dalaifelinto.com/
 - Pablo Vazquez just published a video to help illustrate how some of the
tasks are really accessible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44_myvit9Q
 - Join the task force.

* Sergey Sharybin reports that copy on write now support animation +
non-keyed values in material preview etc...  He and Joshua Leung did some
fixes for armature editing. and think we've solved all the issues for pose
mode. The task force is still ongoing though, for the operators.

* Bastien Montagne merged static override in 2.8. Modifier and constraints
are supported (creating and reordering them even).

* Brecht Van Lommel is working in integrate collections and groups. He will
make a better document about this once it is further along.

* Joshua Leung reports that the plan is to do another round of review this
week around Wednesday.

* Dalai Felinto reports progress in the view layer (dynamic) override:
 - https://developer.blender.org/T54792
 - The original 2.8 overrides in 2.8 were a proof of concept and will be
replaced following the new design.

* No big changes will be done to the color pipeline in Blender during the
code quest. If we are to refactor anything in that regard it will be done
later or we need someone to help with that.

3) Google Summer of Code

* Sergey Sharybin will mail the google-summer of code list to remind
students to create accounts on developer.blender.org and mail him their
full names and alias.

4) Code quest links:

* Weekly meeting notes - 2018-04-26:
 - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2018-May/049406.html

* Tasks done last week:
-
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/CodeQuest/WeeklyReports#Week_4_.2830.2F04_-_04.2F05.29

* Code quest workboard:
 - https://developer.blender.org/project/board/80/

* (New) Video: Help with the Task force!
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44_myvit9Q

* Video: Light Probe Visibility Group in EEVEE
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Y4vfbmmfQ

* Video: New Shadows in the Workbench Engine
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1AytBO2ncI

* Video: Quick Preview: Custom Icons
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dZ5_rOfiMY

* Video: Static Overrides: The new "Proxy"
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-cKpV6Reg

* Video: LIVE Q&A May 4th
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpib6MvO4Kw

Regards,