[Bf-committers] GSoC 2018: Layer Painting Proposal

Cheryl Chen chnchryl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:28:43 CET 2018

Thank you for the support, Ricardo, and thanks for the feedback, Kévin!
I hadn't really considered how to deal with the performance issues, and
your diff is a really helpful reference as well. May I ask what other
difficulties you encountered while working on this feature? It may be
because of time constraints and changes to the Blender codebase, but it is
a bit concerning that a fair bit of work has gone into building layer
support (seeing that there also was a GSoC project in 2010), and it hasn't
really been completed yet. It will be really helpful to gain some more
insight, as I may be approaching this task too naively...

Best,
Cheryl