[Bf-committers] GSoC 2018: Layer Painting Proposal

Ricardo Nunes 3rton93 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:41:13 CET 2018

 Wow, thanks for the suggestions and all the references! I didn't realise
there was an add-on like BPainter, but it looks really complete and it'll
be a good reference point. I wonder if that lowers the need for this
project though, considering that there already is quite a substantial
add-on for it (though it is paid), or if having multi-layer support build
directly in Blender will still be better for performance and future
development...

Well certainly it could be argued that it is not needed. But personally I
do think that something as fundamental as layers for painting is something
that eventually needs to be done inside the master and not added through an
add-on.
Also there are plenty of users who use default Blender out of choice or
must.

Well some one from the Institute would probably be able to offer more
insight into the priorities right now with 2.8 and all that.