[Bf-committers] How can I tailor and optimizing the Blender architecture for BIM

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:09:06 CET 2018

checout upbge and it's optimizations like static mesh batching,
physics mouseover select based on physics layer and lightning optimizations.

then look into forward+ light cuts using a bvhtree for performance later if
lighting is to be used,

the game engine is very well suited for realtime simulations

https://github.com/UPBGE

placing the building materials in a layer that's collision mask does not
collide with it's own layer is useful for physics and for large open areas
and 1000s of objects, a loading grid can prevent scenegraph bloat.