[Bf-committers] 2.8 interface reference: Substance Painter 2018.1 (Spring)

Ricardo Nunes 3rton93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 19:38:02 CET 2018

1) What exactly do you think is better between this and the old SP
interface (Maybe as a hyphen list?)
2) Which parts exactly do you think are applicable to Blender (The new UI
style like in the slider buttons etc, do you mean how when closing floating
windows the get minimized to icons on the sides of the viewport, do you
mean how window splitting works?)
3) How exactly do you think they should be applied to Blender? (Should we
change sliders/buttons to have similar style? Should we have T/N menus
changed to be more like the dock minimization? Similar drop down in 3D view
for individual texture channels? Should we have similar drop down for
wireframe, solid, textured, rendered?)
It'd be a lot of work for the devs just to figure out what you think should
be adapted from SP even before formulating it into proposal and starting to
work on it if you just drop a video without context of what the video
improved on and what is good about it and what of it you think could be
adapted.
Well although I'm newbie to the whole FOSS community so not that I know but
that's what it seems like to me.