[Bf-committers] GSoC Application Draft - Improved Solidify Modifier

Philip Holzmann ga87cel at mytum.de
Fri Mar 16 15:10:13 CET 2018

Hello!

Since there seems to be a lot of interest in the Import/Export project,
I started to look for another possible project for me:
Improving the Solidify Modifier to avoid self-intersections.
I'll apply for both if that's okay.

I began thinking about it and now I've grown pretty fond of it, though I
think it will be quite a bit harder.
Also, it's harder to define a schedule for it, since it's not as easy to
break it into pieces and estimating how long it will take.

Anyway, here's the draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bKcoh3RQXh2QqAgGd6Bno33SOA9y2-vlb8Q1Z4Q2gBY/edit?usp=sharing

Again, I'd love to hear some feedback.
Thank you!