[Bf-committers] blender development question

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:44:51 CET 2018

Hi,

Great proposal and this relates very closely with some of the current
development in blender2.8
For 2.8 the idea is that we can have set application templates that can
remove things from the UI
to make Blender simpler for tasks as you suggested (3D printing). We
currently could use someone
that can help develop this template and you could easily extend this to
just enable your add-on.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Angelo Rosace <angelo96rosace at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a university student from Italy. I am currently attending my third and
> last year in the bachelor of computer science and engineering.
> I am starting to work on my thesis, and that is why I am writing you. My
> thesis would consist in developing a software which handles a 3D
> environment and that provides tools for interacting with it. The aim of the
> project is to develop a parametric software to be used for medical
> purposes, the main task of the program would be importing 3D scans of limbs
> and adapting a splint (special tipe of cast) to the 3D object via an
> algorithm that I will develop in python. The generated splint is then going
> to be 3D-printed. Since I already used blender for some other projects I
> was thinking about trying to develop my own version of blender without some
> feature such as the one connected to video editing and with features aimed
> only to the task that I previously explained. I thought about blender since
> it is open source.
> And now comes my question: I am trying to go through the code in order to
> understand how it works, but it is quite overwealming. So i wanted to ask
> if you could provide me with some information reguarding the architecture
> of the source code and how the various files are interacting together.
> I also wanted to ask if to realize such a project would be possible in your
> opinion.
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Angelo Rosace

Aaron Carlisle

Picture taker | Bit cruncher | Pixel pusher | Document writer | Artist
Project administrator for the Blender 3D Documentation Project