[Bf-committers] [GSoC 2018]Idea -- Fast Import / Export for selected formats

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Wed Mar 7 13:23:28 CET 2018

Hi,

This might not be fully using the same technical approach, but see
https://github.com/paulmelis/blender-ply-import for another way of doing
faster PLY imports.

Regards,
Paul

On 14-02-18 03:35, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi, your question is too general, best do some research into this
> topic and ask more detailed questions as you need.
>
> Suggestions.
> - Read over PLY and STL source code.
> - Find bottleneck's that compiled code could help with.
> - Apply the patch D2835 (linked from the idea's page) and try make a
> simple C module.
>

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 2:23 AM, 4649tz <4649tz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>      I am Ze Dang,a junior studying in Wuhan Institution of Technology,China.
>>      I read the confirmed ideas and found that the idea - Fast Import / Export for selected formats which I was really interested in. I think I have been equipped with the requirements written on the page.
>>     But unfortunately this is the first time I have taken part in a event like this.( So,could you please give me some advice that how can I make an excellent proposal on the idea and share my power to it?
>> Thank you :)

Paul Melis
| Visualization group leader & developer | SURFsara |
| Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam |
| T 020 800 1312 | paul.melis at surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |