[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-07-09
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:43:52 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
16 July 10:00 CEST (8:00 UTC).
1) Blender 2.8
* Bug tracker is open for crash reports only now. Reports are coming in
faster than we can handle, so expect there to be some time until a
developer looks at your report.
* Work continues towards Beta milestone:
* Campbell is in his last week working from Amsterdam. He will work on
various UI / Keymap / Tool topics, particularly those that need artist
* Sergey works on bringing back Subsurf and Multires modifiers fully, using
OpenSubdiv for CPU evaluation to replace our custom CCGSubsurf code.
* Brecht works on workspaces save/load/sharing and OpenGL render as a
render engine for the sequencer or render farms.
* Clément plans to commit the light cache branch this week, as well as
working on adding volume support in the workbench engine.
* Pablo works on the default theme, workspaces, matcaps and environment
maps. Videos from latest week:
2) Summer of Code
* 2nd round of mentor evaluations is due this week, don't forget to fill
these in by Friday, 13 July 16:00 UTC.
* The Bevel project asks for feedback, Windows test build and notes are
* NPR patch is still waiting to be reviewed, Sergey and Brecht will look at
* Weekly reports:
More information about the Bf-committers