[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-07-09

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:43:52 CEST 2018

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
16 July 10:00 CEST (8:00 UTC).

1) Blender 2.8

* Bug tracker is open for crash reports only now. Reports are coming in
faster than we can handle, so expect there to be some time until a
developer looks at your report.

* Work continues towards Beta milestone:
https://developer.blender.org/T55674

* Campbell is in his last week working from Amsterdam. He will work on
various UI / Keymap / Tool topics, particularly those that need artist
feedback.

* Sergey works on bringing back Subsurf and Multires modifiers fully, using
OpenSubdiv for CPU evaluation to replace our custom CCGSubsurf code.

* Brecht works on workspaces save/load/sharing and OpenGL render as a
render engine for the sequencer or render farms.

* Clément plans to commit the light cache branch this week, as well as
working on adding volume support in the workbench engine.

* Pablo works on the default theme, workspaces, matcaps and environment
maps. Videos from latest week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQGlrXnUDVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifwCBkUk7W0

2) Summer of Code

* 2nd round of mentor evaluations is due this week, don't forget to fill
these in by Friday, 13 July 16:00 UTC.

* The Bevel project asks for feedback, Windows test build and notes are
here:
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/gsoc-2018-bevel-improvements/440/28

* NPR patch is still waiting to be reviewed, Sergey and Brecht will look at
it:
https://developer.blender.org/D3505

* Weekly reports:
https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2018-dev/2018-July/000116.html