[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-07-16
Brecht Van Lommel
brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:04:00 CEST 2018
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
23 July 18:00 CEST (16:00 UTC).
1) Blender 2.8
* Antonio works on grease pencil material previews, bug fixing and other
* Bastien works on the bug tracker.
* Brecht works on OpenGL render engine and replacing Blender Internal
* Campbell is on the way back to Australia, he will continue 2.8 work there
after a few days.
* Clément finishes workspace smoke display as far as possible, but part of
it will have to wait until smoke sim actually works. Beyond that he will be
working on OpenGL/Eevee bugfixing and polishing.
* Joshua works on grease pencil annotations and RNA improvements.
* Sergey continues work on bringing back Subsurf and Multires fully through
OpenSubdiv, and handles some bug reports from Spring.
* Sybren is on holidays for next 3 weeks.
* UI and viewport updates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTBSlSiCxI
* Share Your Workspaces! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HM-ncM39Y8
Main focus is still Beta milestone:
2) Summer of Code
* Weekly reports:
3) Other Projects
* Windows buildbot will be updated to Visual Studio 2017 this week. Plan is
to then drop Visual Studio 2013 support soon after, will be announced when
* Mailing lists like bf-python and bf-animsys that have low traffic and are
mostly interaction with users are planned to be closed and replaced by sub
categories on devtalk.blender.org.
More information about the Bf-committers