[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2018-02-12

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 12 20:01:14 CET 2018

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 17 UTC (18 CET) meeting in
irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 19 Feb, 09 UTC
(10 CET).

1) Blender 2.79 'a' release

- RC build did not show much issues, we shall aim to final release this
week.

2) Blender 2.8 projects

Blender Code Quest is announced! https://www.blender.org/2-8/quest/

Goal is to ease the finalization of first Blender 2.8 version buy
gathering the whole coding team here in Amsterdam for three months this
Spring.

As for this week:

- Sergey Sharybin reports that most of CoW Depsgraph core work is now
done, lots of testing, fixing and polishing remains for coming weeks.

- Bastien Montagne is working on polishing asset-engine branch to get it
ready for blender2.8 merge.

- Weekly reports:
-- Sergey Sharybin:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/Foundation/2018#Week_323:_5th_-_11th_February
-- Joshua Leung:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Aligorith/Foundation/2018#February_5_-_February_9
-- Dalais Felinto:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Dfelinto/Foundation18#Week_6_.28February_5th_-_9th.29
-- Clément Foucault:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Hypersomniac/Foundation/2018#Week_57:_6th_-_11th_February
-- Campbell Barton:
http://download.blender.org/ftp/ideasman42/donelist/2018.html#week-360-february-05
-- Bastien Montagne:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Foundation/2018#Week_230_-_02.2F03_to_02.2F09

3) GSoC

Blender is accepted in GSoC 2018,
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/?sp-page=2 !

Students, it’s time to start checking on our ideas page
(https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2018/Ideas),
and familiarizing with our code base, especially in the areas that might
interest you. And of course
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2018/Students

4) Other Projects

Sergey will update developer.blender.org this week (minor, continuous
update), as well as our buildbot (much bigger update, lots of things
changed there).

Thanks,
Bastien