[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes - 2017-09-03
ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 3 18:13:52 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 release
- After some deliberations it was decided to finally do the actual release.
Even when Release Candidates get tested, nothing beats doing an actual release!
- Campbell Barton and Bastien Montagne will make a list of fixes to merge in the release branch.
Will be notified on this list.
- Release Ahoy then is expected mid this week.
2) Google Summer of Code
- In two days all reviews have to be submitted. September 6 the results will be announced.
3) Meeting re-schedule and communication channels
- With the full-time developers now doing Monday meetings (working day :), the Sunday meeting is
loosing urgency and lacks and attendance.
The proposal to move the official meeting to Monday has been accepted, but with an alternating
schedule to allow both America's and Australia/Asia to attend. The schedule will be confirmed
in the meeting notes.
- Next meetings:
Monday 4 September 10 AM Amsterdam (8 UTC)
Monday 11 September 9 AM Los Angeles (16 UTC)
Monday 18 September 10 AM Amsterdam (8 UTC)
Monday 26 September 9 AM Los Angeles (16 UTC)
- Discussions on how to manage a "This Week in Blender" log is ongoing.
- An open discussion is also to bring back forums (discourse), or use them next to mailing lists.
We could try this as experiment for a couple of special interest groups (animation code, vfx, viewport).
Pros and cons, speak up!
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers