[Bf-committers] Blender 2.8 planning notes 2017-09-04
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 10:57:06 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 8 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
= Last Week =
* Bastien - Spent the entire week on tracker. Mostly 2.79 and regular bugs.
* Campbell - Continued manipulator dev, rewrote cage-2d to be more
flexible - added support for it in the UV view, got caught up in some
`bpy.types`... some other random stuff (moved remove doubles to
kd-tree to avoid hanging)
* Clément - Worked on shadows, adding bunch of options (filter size,
shadow map resolution, VSM). Still not committed, I have to finish the
sun shadow map first.
* Dalai - Finished the previous design document, ported it to wiki.
Worked in the tracker (triaging and bisecting). Worked in design of
Object and Edit mode data (see diagrams below). And few sorted
= This Week =
* Bastien - 2.79 release, bug tracker, and if time allows some asset
* Campbell - Help with 2.79 release, bit of tracker and manipulator
(use them for interesting things).
* Clément - Finish the shadows, polish and debug. Then tackle some of
the numerous reported Eevee. Also he’ll post his report on failed
attempts of different soft shadow methods. Note: Among the bugs those
should be prioritized: T52480 and T52593.
* Dalai - At least a day on tracker, finish the object and edit mode
diagrams + wiki, do the final usability pass: actual design of
features for object, edit mode and the workbench engine.
= Other =
Tracker triaging (closing, merging duplicates, triaging, …) is taking
precious time from other tasks. Maybe the bar could be raised for
master as we did for 2.8.
Have a great week everyone,
More information about the Bf-committers