[Bf-committers] GSoC mentor summit

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed Oct 25 16:44:06 CEST 2017

On 23/10/17 20:18, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Our main action point for a successful 2018 GSoC would be to have an active campaign targeted at universities with strong CG education (to attract phd students too).

As a former Ph.D. student: I sincerely doubt that any Ph.D. student
worth his salt has time to join the GSoC. I finished my Ph.D. with a big
surplus of vacation days that I would never be able to use, simply
because the progress of my research demanded all of my time. Would we
want to attract a Ph.D. student who claims to have months of free time
available?

--

Sybren A. Stüvel

https://stuvelfoto.nl/