[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting notes - 2017-05-21
ton at blender.org
Sun May 21 17:57:18 CEST 2017
Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.79 release
- Project page with targets and planning:
- Open todos: we have bugs! There are over 300 open issues.
- Feel invited to check on the tracker and help. Help is especially welcome with triaging,
just check on the report if it's a valid bug we can fix.
- Python library in Blender is getting updated to latest stable version.
- Splash: The artists of Blender Institute will make a splash using work from the secret agent short.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Clement Foucault will work this week in Blender Institute with Dalai Felinto to wrap up the May targets.
Having a code.blender.org blog update would be great.
- We're also talking to Tristan Porteries (panzergame) to make a plan how to get GE updated for 2.8
viewport and shaders, and merge the good stuff from upBGE in.
- Sergey Sharybin wrote a Dependency Graph doc:
- Mike Erwin reports GL work keeps going on fine. Removing old parts, updating GLSL.
- Antonio Vazquez will connect with Dalai Felinto to integrate new GreasePencil stuff with 2.8.
- Aim is to have something to show off in Los Angeles at SIGGRAPH in August!
3) GSoC and other projects
- We have a special mailing list to connect with the students and follow their progress.
Artists welcome to join!
- Sergey and Bastien Montagne will add wiki and git accounts for students.
Goal is to have all docs copied to the student's personal space in wiki. These pages then also
will get reports and docs.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers