[Bf-committers] GSoC - Sculpting Tools Project

Mauricio Pedro Vieira mauriciopsgv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 19:51:25 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am very interested in the sculpting tools project and I would like to
discuss its scope in order to have a better understanding of the idea and
be able to elaborate a more realistic schedule. Also, although I am not new
to modeling software I am a newcomer to blender so I am not entirely
familiar with all of its features.

1- The silhouette tool, fill tool and grab brush already exists and will be
improved or they are a new features that will be made from scratch? I could
not tell for sure by reading the project description.

2- Would you recommend any quick hack or bug I could work on now that
interacts with the portions of the code I will be dealing with to develop
these features? Not just to get used to the code but also to understand
better how features that have similar functionalities work on blender.

Other questions would probably come up as I dive deeper in blender and
start designing how I intend to build these features.

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Maurício Pedro Vieira