[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes: 2017-03-05
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 5 17:14:05 CET 2017
Here are the notes for today's 1500 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net
1) Blender 2.78c release
- Release is done, nothing to report so far.
- Change log for 'c':
2) Blender 2.79
- New Surface Deform modifier is now in master, available in daily
builds for testing (Luca Rood).
- Animated pinning for cloths is ready for review (Luca Rood,
- OpenHMD should go in master tomorrow (Joey Ferwerda, Julian Eisel).
-- Shadow catcher shall go in master this week (Sergey Sharybin).
-- Split kernel: OpenCL progresses (will include SSS/Volume rendering),
Cuda is broken currently, Mai Lavelle works on it.
-- Denoising: Nothing new, remains a target (Lukas Stockner).
- ID custom properties: still on track, needs review this week!
(Alexander Romanov, https://developer.blender.org/D113).
- PBVH vertex paint: still unfinished, status is unclear currently.
- "Filmic" color management: still nobody really working on it...
3) Blender 2.8 projects
- Work on new selection code, that should allow to get rid of old
GL_SELECT method, might even go in 2.79 if well-enough tested (Campbell
- Old OpenGL API replacement: nothing new, work keeps going on.
- Work on UI changes keeps going on as well.
4) GSoC 2017
- Blender has been accepted again!
- Time for students to reach Blender community and developers to discuss
about ideas of projects, see also
- Time for the other developers willing to become mentors to contact
Ton, Sergey or Bastien.
That’s it for this week, thanks,
More information about the Bf-committers