[Bf-committers] VSE devs?

blender, blender blender at funkster.org
Wed Mar 1 10:38:51 CET 2017

Hallo good people of bf-committers!

    I thought it was about time to say hello on here, and to ask about
the status of VSE development. I totally understand that it's not (seen
as) the core of what Blender is about, but I find it very useful and
think it's worth spending some time on.

    I've got a few bug fixes waiting for review on developer.blender.org
and was wondering if I'm getting the process right? I haven't been
tagging reviewers myself 'cos I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but
I think these fixes would benefit all users with very low risk of
breaking anything in the more core bits of Blender.

https://developer.blender.org/T50618
https://developer.blender.org/T49658
https://developer.blender.org/T49862
https://developer.blender.org/D2381

    Also I wanted to ask about the future of VSE development... is there
a grand upgrade being worked on behind the scenes? I have some ideas for
new features rather than bugfixes, but again I understand if this is in
conflict with the dev team's plans.

https://developer.blender.org/D2506
https://rightclickselect.com/p/sequencer/Ppbbbc/vse-playback-rate-control

Right, that's all for now.