[Bf-committers] Blender developers weekly meeting, 2017-01-22

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 22 18:13:45 CET 2017

Hi all,

Here are notes from today's 15h UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.78b update

- As mailed to this list yesterday; we will release a performance (speed) update for 2.78a.
A new build can be made available within a week. Here is the branch:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/blender-v2.78b-release/

- An open issue is still a much anticipated Nvidia Cuda 8.0 update (for Windows 10 especially).
According to Nvidia the official release would happen this week though. Stay tuned for updates.

2) Blender 2.79 release targets

- An overview of current targets is here:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.7

- Filmic Blender has not officially been submitted for review, we'll ask Troy Sobotka about it.
It's in github though: https://github.com/sobotka/filmic-blender
Main issue seems to be that the filmic OCIO files break compatibility.

- Shadow catcher for Cycles is nearly done, will be wrapped up.

3) Blender 2.8

- Viewport team is a bit behind with coordination. Suggested is to have a dedicated irc meeting.
Dalai Felinto will do a call and schedule a good moment. Join the viewport list here: