[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-02-12
ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 12 17:41:38 CET 2017
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.78b performance release
- Not everything went OK... three issues were reported that would need to be solved:
1. OSX build had wrong cuda kernels.
2. GLSL viewport is broken when Light Path node is used
3. Crash of material preview when using Image sequences
- Agreed is to update the 'b', to not confuse people we call it a 'c'.
Most likely release will be on Wednesday.
- BTW: Regression tests were updated to include the showstopper cases.
2) The 2.79 release targets
- Check planning and targets here:
- Luca Rood: Surface Deform modifier is pretty much ready for master now.
SDef tech docs: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Lucarood/SurfaceDeform/Technical
- Sergey Sharybin: review of catcher patch started, including user side testing.
- Lukas Stockner: most of the non-essential Denoiser code has been removed locally, will be pushed later.
- Denoiser needs good docs! Volunteers welcome (makes it faster to get Denoiser in master)
- Alexander Romanov proposes to add this fix for custom ID properties in 2.79:
Is under review still.
3) Blender 2.8 project
- Julian Eisel wants to get more feedback on https://developer.blender.org/T50283.
Decision will be made/confirmed by UI module team via bf-interface list.
- Bastien Montagne: Blender 2.8 branch gets a 2.8 add-on branch too, to help testing and fix changes in api.
- Mike Erwin notes great progress on OpenGL task force https://developer.blender.org/T49043
Graph is is on the move again: http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=112427
4) Other projects
This topic is still open:
We will ask Clement Foucault and Dalai Felinto to feedback on the Viewport/shader issues.
- Ton Roosendaal suggests to have another midweek 2.8 meeting session, this time with as main topic 2.8.
Call will go out in a week, after gathering feedback.
- The Google Summer of Code application has been finalized. Bookmark this url to give to interested students:
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers