[Bf-committers] Patch: OCIO Parse Colorspace From Filename

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 11:39:07 CET 2017

Hi Sybren,

> What would this do when I have two versions of the same scene, one shot
with a rectinilear lens and one with a fisheye lens, and save the images to
scene_linear.png and scene_fisheye.png? Would this patch influence the
colour space used for saving the images?

Aren't you mixing color space and lens deformation? Troy is referring to
the former, while you seem to be talking about the latter.
Also, his patch should only affect loading new images, not saving anything
I believe.

That said, if you do use "_linear" as a suffix for your filenames, the
image will be opened as linear, although you may not want it in some rare
cases like yours. The patch could have this as an option for the file open
dialog, similar to how we do for multi-view, but in this case, on by
default.

All the best,
Dalai