[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - 2017-12-11
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 11 10:53:43 CET 2017
Here are the notes from today's 9 UTC (10 CET) meeting in
Reminder: meetings are on Mondays now, next meeting is 18 Dec, 17 UTC
1) Blender 2.79 'a' release
- This has been dragging on for too long, we should do it this week.
- Sergey and Bastien will go over commits in master (and addons),
prepare list for backport, today.
2) Blender 2.8 projects
- Grease Pencil team keeps working on it and happily using it for Hero
production, they'll publish a development update in the blog later this
- Sergey Sharybin "just" made groups and proxies to work. Some Spring
shots can now be opened and played-back fine in 2.8. A bit slow though,
COW made it to re-evaluated IDs too much, needs more refined behavior.
- Bastien Montagne worked on various minor tasks related to Asset engine
and Static override (also some tech docs), at end of week, decided (with
Dalai) to focus on getting static overrides usable first, before going
back finishing asset engine stuff.
- As a friendly reminder, BF developers should try to be at those
meetings, at least once every two weeks, the new timing were defined to
ensure everybody on Earth will have at least one of them at a decent
hour… Also, please communicate with the team when you'll not be around
for whatever reasons (sending a summary of your week's work to be
included in the notes would be nice too, in that case).
- Weekly reports:
-- Sergey Sharybin:
-- Bastien Montagne:
More information about the Bf-committers