[Bf-committers] GSoC 2017 - student introduction

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:29:46 CEST 2017

Hi Michael,

the deadline for submissions is April 3rd.

Congratulations on your international olympiad success.

Here is information about what UDIM is,

https://www.fxguide.com/featured/udim-uv-mapping/

http://bneall.blogspot.com/p/udim-guide.html

So whereever UVs are mapped to images in blender and cycles, will need to
have changes to support UVs outside of the 0-1 range.

I think Sergey mentioned a UDIM library but I'm not sure what he was
refering to - perhaps the UDIM support of openimageio?

Hopefully he can clarify,

For curved motion blur there are probably papers on it, but not sure which
would be relevant,

there is a recent paper for volumetric motion blur

http://jcgt.org/published/0005/01/01/paper.pdf

See
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2017/Students
for the GSoC application template,