[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting, 2016-10-09

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Oct 9 17:01:47 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

Here are the notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.78 release status

- Lots of small issues were reported, several severe ones that require an update release.

- Blender 2.78 'a' will be decided on mid this week. Sergey Sharybin and
Bastien Montagne coordinate.

- The list of crucial fixes will be added to the release log with a readable text!

- Windows .msi installer: the error has been solved, the SDL library was updated without rebuilding binary.

- The MacOS installer error for users is still unsolved. Needs dev time (scripts should not write in .app)

2) Other projects and 2.8

- The viewport team did a call for help:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/OpenGL/ImmediateModeReplacement

- Brecht van Lommel: For Blender 2.8 we decided on Mac 10.9 minimum. (Current is 10.12)

- Grease pencil drawing uses 100% modern OpenGL now.

- Brecht: new libs have been committed and we're ready to switch to c++11 on macOS in blender 2.8,
just waiting for linux now. https://developer.blender.org/D2283

I'll be in LA for a week bizz, next meeting & minutes will be handled by Sergey!

Thanks,

-Ton-