[Bf-committers] Memory Error message.

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:15:49 CEST 2016

Hi,

Unfortunately things are not so trivial. To my knowledge OUT_OF_MEMORY
might happen for the host memory as well. So need some smarter trickery
here.

Please also note that we've got D2056 which would be nice to have
eventually in master. Not sure yet how can we reliably detect whether it's
device or host memory  exhausted for more friendly error messages.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Aaron Carlisle <carlisle.b3d at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Made an PR up stream:
>
> https://github.com/CudaWrangler/cuew/pull/2
>
> On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thought I could not answer you but I did reproduce the error. It happens
> > when I turn on the new subsurf.
> > Full message:
> > Frame:1|Time:02:08.99|Mem:0,01M,Peak:0,01M|Out of memory
> >

> > On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Bernardo Sulzbach <
> > mafagafogigante at gmail.com
> > > wrote:

> me
> > an
> it
> > is
> > >
> > > Is the message really JUST "out of memory error"? Didn't you omit
> > anything?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bernardo Sulzbach
> > > http://www.mafagafogigante.org/