[Bf-committers] Google Summer Of Code: UV - Tools

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 02:58:08 CET 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> You're welcome! We handled most of this in irc already. But to summarize:
>
> - Own ideas for improving UV editing are sure welcome.
> - Check on UDIM too while you're on it? :)
> - You have 11 days to edit the doc while we review.
>
> -Ton-

I wouldn't recommend to combine UDIM and UV editing tools into one
project -  they're no so closely related
(UDIM needs render pipeline support to be useful),
Even supporting UDIM in the view-port (with ImBuf) would probably be
an entire GSOC project on its own.

If UDIM support is added, it would be good to have baking & painting
support - instead of rushing it in as side project,
without being able to edit the data at all.