[Bf-committers] GSoC 2016: Finish multi-camera reconstruction

Matthias Fauconneau matthias.fauconneau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:53:33 CET 2016

Hi Thomas,

During GSoC11, I developed 3 detectors and an API which Sergey used to
expose feature detection in Blender.
I do not know why it did not make the final cut, maybe it was not
polished enough yet to be useful for production.
I think, at this point, Sergey knows best the latest state of the
motion tracking features and would be the one most able to sort out
all your ideas into useful projects.
It is not trivial to estimate beforehand how much work is involved in
specific features, but should the main project (multiview) shorter
than expected, I would be open to complete with sides.
The main priority would still be to first make sure the new tool is
properly integrated, known and tested.
Especially since there will be no VFX open project to finish things off.
As Ton says, since we have the benefit of having the users we develop
for around, there is certainly some room to guide the direction of the
work on the project.

Best regards,
Matthias