[Bf-committers] BGE GSOC Ideas -

Jacob Merrill blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 06:58:14 CET 2016

I have a few ideas for bge improvements that could empower users.
Please feel free to add your own.

Can some or all of these go on the GSOC document?

1. actuators use sensor outputs as dropdown options
example

Sensor(Ray)----------controller(and)--------track to (Ray hitObject)

   - this can open up logic to do things very fast without python.
   - expands the flexibility and accentuates the current design
   - may be able to be pieced together with existing code blocks(property
   actuator)

2. OpenCL based particle system with user defined particle atlas with
support for uv animation on a per particle basis.

http://enja.org/2010/12/16/particles-in-bge-fluids-in-real-time-with-opencl/

3.PBR rendering system - Modern renders use PBR plain and simple.

4. KDTree based dynamic lighting manager system - to shuffle the same X
dynamic lamps around to create the effect of hundreds of lamps in a large
level.
(I already have written and used this in python but not a native system)

I have more.....