[Bf-committers] BGE GSOC Ideas -

Ines Almeida britalmeida at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 09:49:31 CET 2016

Hi Jacob,

1) I agree that the Sensor-Controller-Actuator model that the BGE logic
system has gotten a bit outdated and is not very flexible.
This is why I think it should be redesigned in a bigger way than you
propose, which unfortunately also means it would be too big of a project
for GSoC.

2) I know very little about OpenCL and particle systems, so I'll mostly
skip this one :) I'll just note that this is functionality that should
match as best as possible the blender particle system and the renderer
(which is outdated)

3) This is viewport project (and also too big for gsoc)

4) I don't know much about this either. Do you have any references? What
are the practical use cases for this?

It is difficult to come up with reasonable, limited and well defined ideas
that are useful for the BGE. Also, students can always submit and discuss
their own proposals. Are you planning to apply as a student?

--
Inês Almeida / brita_